ARG! I'm so frustrated with my body right now, it's bringing me to tears. I know it's just hormonal/emotional overload but I want to have BR so bad it's killing me. Sunday night on our anniversary I started having consistent contraction but they weren't getting closer together or stronger so I tried not to get my hopes up. Monday I made some more progress and contractions continued. By Monday night I was having pretty bad cramps too so I thought that my contractions were intensifying and maybe things were kicking in. Yesterday I woke up and thought that I was see my "show" and I was having consistent contractions all morning and afternoon. I called my doctors nurse because I really thought something was starting. Well she talked me into going into my doctors office to let him check me and it turns out I wasn't having my "show" and I'm only 1cm. That is progress because on Friday he said my cervix was still closed, but that I wasn't in labor quite yet and I still may have a few more days of waiting. I know a few days doesn't sound like that much but to me it's forever. I'm not in any physical pain, I'm just VERY uncomfortable and VERY ready to meet our daughter. I just want to see her sweet face!!
If you could please pray for me as I have to force myself to wait on the Lord and BR's timing. I so wish there was an easy button but unfortunately there isn't and I have to be patient. ARG! I know crying and getting myself all upset over this isn't helping me go into labor so I'm constantly praying for strength as I wait. Thank you to everyone who is praying for us. We'll let everyone know when she's finally born.
Thanks again and I hope you're all having a good day!

Praying for you, Allison! I know it is sooo hard just waiting when the little one could arrive any moment. Hang in there! She will be here soon!!
ReplyDeleteAllison,
ReplyDeleteI am new to your blog. I am sorry that you are feeling this way right now---it is so hard. You look great though! You are about to start the very VERY chapter of your entire life. What a great time to start following your blog. You know I was on bedrest for almost 9 months. I had preterm labor at 29 weeks and then I had to be induced at 36 almost 37 weeks. I am sending your daughter her eviction notice. My advice to you is to walk, walk, walk...and eat some spicy food and PRAY! good luck and I hope you have a quick and easy labor and delivery!!
Oh... I am a new follower. Please come follow back if you would like. I am doing some great giveaways right now (ipod nano and itunes giftcard) and have some great ones coming up! Nice to meet you!
Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies. I'm feeling a little better about the waiting. I think I just needed to fall apart for a few minutes and now I'm much better. I'm headed out for a walk right now to either help things along or just help me sleep better tonight. Either one will be great!
ReplyDeleteThanks again!
what is a "show"????
ReplyDeleteCry it out girl.. It's all hormones and this emotional rollar coaster of the unknown!!! It's hard to be patient when you are so anxious! I will continue to pray for patience! Stay busy to keep your mind somewhere else. Just think, you will be holding that sweet baby girl in no time! Every day she is inside of you she is getting stronger and healthier!! I can't wait to meet her!!!!!!!