Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Belly Post - 36 Weeks

Wow! Can you believe it, I'm in my 9th month of pregnancy?!!! Only 4 more weeks to go. Maybe less but hopefully not more. Ha!

Inside my belly this week...
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

How am I feeling...
**Thankfully, Brantley Rae IS head down and has started to DROP into my pelvis so we should be in good shape unless she decides to turn over, heaven forbid. She is quickly running out of room in my belly and her head is pushing on my bladder constantly and her legs are kicking my ribs, which is extremely uncomfortable. Ouch!! Last night I actually slept pretty well and I only had to get up 3-4 times instead of 15 times. It was nice! My hips are really starting to hurt at night which also makes it harder and harder to stay comfortable at night. I just keep telling myself that I only have 4 more weeks (or less) and then she will be here and I'll partially have my body back to myself. :o) Anyways, I've reached my goal weight gain and I'm hoping I don't gain anymore. My doctor and I are happy with it so I'm satisfied! On Tuesday, I went to the doctor for my 36 week visit. BR's heart rate was about 137 bpm, I think, and Dr. S said that was great. I'm still measuring just right for how far along I am. They haven't told me how big they think she is yet, I'm guessing they'll do that in the next few visits. I was surprisingly 50% thinned out and 1/2 centimeter dilated. I really didn't think I would have made ANY progress but I guess my body is getting started. I haven't started having any Braxton Hicks contractions or not that I know of. Maybe I have but I just don't know it. Honestly, all I feel is a very active little girl growing inside my belly and pushing on my bladder and ribs. She and I are doing great!!**

Brantley Rae,
Today we were suppose to have a snow day. Schools were closed and everyone was preparing for white weather, but alas that didn't really happen. It DID snow at our house and around town but not much of it stuck and it was too warm today for it to stay. So it's pretty much all melted and everything is just wet now. The temperature is dropping, which means the roads are probably going to get icy during the night. I'm telling you all of this because you need to just stay put until it's a bit warmer outside and the roads aren't icy.
**FYI...I'm not showing signs of labor I'm just saying.**
So tonight Daddy and I are going over to Bebe and Granddaddy's house to watch the National Championship game. The University of Alabama is playing Texas this year in Pasadena which is really exciting for the SEC and for the Tide. Daddy and I don't normally pull for the Tide but tonight we will be because we want the SEC team to win. So for one night only I'll type RTR and pull for the Crimson Tide!! You're Granddaddy is a Bama fan so you'll probably hear him get excited tonight!
Anyways, we're still waiting on the glider to show up at our house. Nana ordered it last week and Babies 'R Us said it would be here between the 7th and the 13th, so hopefully it will show up by next Wednesday. I can't wait!!
Well, Daddy is ready to head on over to Bebe and Granddaddy's so I guess I've got to go. Keep growing and try not to hurt my bladder so much please!! Thank you!!
I love you!
Mommy
(Daddy loves you too!)

2 comments:

  1. I don't see you making it 4 more weeks if you have already dialated 50% unless you just don't progress anymore by your next visit.. That's a lot!! Watch out..that water may break anytime now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts! Your letters to BR are so sweet...she will love reading them one day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...