When we first came home BR slept all the time and ate every 2-3 hours no matter what time of day it was. She was often awake at night and only wanted me to hold her. We (myself, my mom and Chase) spoiled her rotten that first week because she hardly ever got put down and she got to sleep on one of our chests every night. Bad move on our parts but she slept=we slept. My wonderful mom was here for the first 3 days with us day and night. It was great to have her here helping out around the house and with BR. Chase ended up working those first couple of days while my mom was here and then he took half days when my mom went back to work. It worked out pretty well. Chase and I were able to talk BR's newborn pictures that Wednesday when she was only 6 days old. They turned out so cute! See...
Over the past few weeks BR has developed a touch of Colic. At around 5-6 o'clock each might she starts to fussy A LOT. Some times it helps if we walk around bouncing her, but then sometimes she wants to eat every hour on the hour until 9 o'clock. We've been trying Mylicon but it hasn't seemed to help all that much. My cousin, Sara, told me about Gripe Water last night. She said that it's a soothing agent type medicine instead of a gas relief. I'm gonna get some of that later today and try it tonight if we need it. Overall, I'm hoping that BR's colic goes away over the next week of so. I'm really tired of fighting her fussiness every night.
Brantley Rae has gotten LOTs of love from Mommy and Daddy over the past 5 weeks. We just love watching her little facial expressions and watching her change everyday.
So guess what...Brantley slept for 5 hours straight!! Hallelujah!!
I was SO happy, surprised and a little worried when I woke up and it had been 5 hours since I put her to bed. Thankfully she was okay and starting to wake up so I quickly went into her room and picked her up to love on her and thank her for sleeping so long. haha! I know that's silly but I seriously hope this becomes a nightly event so I can get more sleep.
Today has been a pretty good day. Chase has been off work today so we got to go to Jacks for breakfast. It was yummy and better than a bowl of cereal. When we got back home BR and I played, I feed her and after even more playing she finally went down for a nap at 1:30. She's still sleeping. I can't believe it! I'm sure she'll wake up soon and be ready to eat her lunch, if you will.
Don't you just want to eat her up? I do!
I'm not sure what all we're doing this weekend but I do know we're gonna do some shopping for myself and BR tonight. I need pants and she needs a mobile for her crib. I found a really great one at Toys R Us. I love going shopping for Brantley. It's so fun!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Maybe I'll have more pictures to share on Monday.

Girl you are doing great!! She is adorable! I hope to see her soon!!
ReplyDeleteIs she raising her head at 5 weeks? That seems really early! She's strong! I don't think Alston was raising his head until about 3 months!
ReplyDeletethats funny you mentioned baby ache. Aiden gets little white bumps on his face...then they go away a couple days later. It's bc he constantly touches his face. His little nickname right now is Ricky Bobby. lol
ReplyDelete