This afternoon Brantley went to the doctor for her 2 month check up. She did such a great job! While we waited on the doctor to come in she just laid on the table and kicked and smiled at me. It was really precious! Dr. S said she looked great! She was so happy until the nurse came in to give her the shots. OUCH!! 4 shots!! 2 in each tiny little leg!! My heart broke because the pain took her breath away. She let out one really loud scream and then didn't take another breath for at least 20 seconds. I was so sad for her! Thankfully she didn't cry for too long and went to sleep when we got in the car. I was dreading tonight because I thought she would be extremely fussy and running a fever, but (knock on wood) neither have been the case. With the exception of when she was hungry and I was cooking dinner, she's been quite pleasant considering the shots. I'm hoping she doesn't wake up in a few hours really upset with a fever. I'm praying that she gets a good nights sleep. She's just so precious and we love her so much! I hate it when she cries!
(I haven't been able to catch her smiling really good in a picture lately but as soon as I do it will be posted)
Stats:
Weight...9 pounds, 11.5 ounces
Lenth....22.5 inches
Head...15.5 inches
Head...15.5 inches
Clothes...Size 0-3 months
Diapers....Size 1
What is BR up to these days...
-She smiles a lot
-She kicks all the time
-She holds her head up really well, even when she's on her tummy (Dr.S was impressed today)
-She takes her pacifier much better these days
-Eats every 3-4 hours during the day time
-Sleeps 5-6 hours at night and then another 3-4 hours
-Takes 2 pretty long naps during the day and additional little cat naps in the car if we're out
-Is taking a bath every other night (as long as mommy is feeling up to it, it's not like she's been playing in the mud or anything, ha!)
-Puts herself to sleep at night and for nap time (lifesaver!)
Likes:
-To be held
-To be held with her back against our stomach so she can see everything.
-To be bounced in your arms while she's facing you (this gets very tiring on the arms and back)
-Her paci
-Her swing
-Playing in the floor
-Tummy time (yes, I can honestly say she likes tummy time now)
-Nursing
-Being swaddled when she's tired and/or going to bed
Dislikes:
-Getting shots (that part of today's visit to the doctor was horrible)
-Playing when she's sleepy
-Taking a bottle from mommy because she knows I have the real thing under my shirt (stinker!)
-Putting on shirts over her head
Brantley Rae is the greatest gift I've ever been given and I'm so thankful for her. Chase and I absolutely adore her and can't wait to see what new fun things she's doing by next month. She's growing up so fast!
For now, I let her play on our guest bed while I blog and check e-mail so that Marley can't bother her. haha! She likes it a lot and today she actually fell asleep while she was laying there. That's never happened. She slept for about 30 minutes unswaddled. I was impressed!


No comments:
Post a Comment