Today Brantley Rae is 6 weeks old! I can't believe it. She's getting so big already!
She's so much fun and pretty easy during the daytime. We've still been struggling with fussiness in the evenings (usually from 6:00-9:00). Sometimes we can walk around with her to calm her, sometimes she just likes to nurse every hour and sometimes nothing we do helps. We get really frustrated but thankfully we have each other so that we can stay in check and calm. We know that she can't help it and she's still a little baby and that this to shall pass. Thank goodness!
Tuesday I went to my Breastfeeding Support Group and BR now weighs 9 pounds! Isn't that great! I'm so glad that she's growing and gaining weight. She is still wearing Newborn size diapers but once we use up this last box of NB we're going to try Size 1. We were given quite a few Size 1 packages so I'm hoping they will fit her now that she's 9lb.
I took these pictures this morning when she was in a really good mood. She had just eaten and played in the floor with me for a good 30-45 minutes. It was great! Chase stopped by the house and witnessed BR in a good mood not fussing. That is very rare for him to see her not fussing since he's not home during the day.
She's getting better and better at holding her head up. When she's propped up on her Boppy she can hold it up really well, but when she's on the floor she can't lift it as high. We're working on it every day with Tummy Time a few times a day. She is starting to like it more, thankfully!
I've gotten in the habit of bringing her into bed with me after she eats around 5:00 or 6:00 in the morning. I'm too tired to stay up with her or to rock her back to sleep. So we snooze for another few hours in Mommy and Daddy's bed. I love it! I know I'm not really suppose to bring her into our bed but it's working for us for now. We're working on napping today and so far it's not going well. I started trying to put her down for a nap at 10:30 because she was falling asleep in my arms. Nope! She cried and cried, I soothed and soothed. Then I nursed her at 11:00. I rocked her to sleep and put her down at 12:00. She woke back up at 12:20. Seriously! 2 poopy diapers, Mylicon later, I'm done with nap for now! It's 1 o'clock, she's still awake with a tummy ache/gas. I'm rocking her and she's content. So for now that's all. I'm hoping to take some more pictures later and update more but for now I'm done typing with one hand. ha!
She's pitiful!

adorable pictures! she is beautiful Allison!!
ReplyDeletepoor baby and poor mommy and daddy! hope everything gets better soon!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny youre about to go to size 1 diapers...and soon we are about to go to 2! Hahaha we went this week for his 2nd Hep B shot and they were guessing he is up to 12 lbs already.
ReplyDeleteI totally feel you on the fussiness. Aiden has been getting his fits lately and lucky I've got Wes to keep me calm too. :-)
Oh and I put Aiden in the bed with me at his 5am feedings and we both fall asleep next to each other. That way mommy can sleep longer and actually Aiden loves it too. When I wake up so does Aiden and he just looks up at me kinda saying "no mommy go back to bed" lolol
Allison- I'm so glad to hear that you and Aiden sleep in together in the mornings as well. I love waking up to BR's sweet little face. It's great!
ReplyDeleteTaylor- Thanks! This afternoon and evening has been pretty great actually. Yay!