Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Sewing Room

 This is not the best picture but here is my new sewing room setup since I got my embroidery machine a few weeks ago. I'm loving the new machine and the new layout of my sewing corner in the office.
I have plans to mount a big peg board on the wall above my computer to hold all my big spools of thread as I start to accumulate them. Also, it will be a place to hang my stabilizers and hoops. Chase is going to be making the peg board for me soon, I hope! Hint, Hint!!
 Because of all my sewing over the past 2 or so years, I already have quite the collection of scrap fabrics started. Since I took these pictures, I've gotten a lot more fabric scraps from Chase's Aunt Della, who is also a sewer/embroider/appliquer. 
Here is a close up of my scraps. The girly basket is two layers.

I have appliqued a few shirts and burp clothes so far and I'm doing pretty good. I'm not perfect yet but I'm learning something new each time I do something new.

 I put this cute airplane on a little t-shirt for my friend Lauren's new baby boy a week or so ago. It turned out really cute and I didn't mess up on it so that was good. haha Hopefully he'll be big enough to wear it this summer. Lauren, I want to see a picture of E wearing the shirt whenever he does get to wear it. :o)










I also made Savannah this cute burp cloth last week. I haven't washed it yet but hopefully it stays together and looking good after it is washed. I'm going to be making a good many burp cloths for SC because most of the ones we used with Brantley got stained pretty bad so I threw this away. Same with bibs. I've thrown so many of them away because they were gross looking. I plan to try my hand at making bibs as well before SC in born.

I've done a few other shirts but haven't taken pictures of any of them. Oh well! That's all for now. I'm loving my new toy and I'm enjoying learning more about it every time I get to use it.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until Easton is big enough to wear his shirt! I love it. Thank you. And I will definitely send you a picture of him wearing it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...