Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Big Fat Belly - 27 Weeks

How I'm feeling at 27 weeks: Pregnant! ha! This is the last week of my 2nd trimester. Wow! I can't believe we only have about 12ish weeks left before we meet sweet Savannah! (As of today we only have 87 days left until my due date.)
Anyways, my hips/left buttock/tailbone pain is back with vengeance. It feels like I've fallen down the stairs and landed on my tailbone. Ouch! I also have muscle spasms/twinges in my left buttock from my hips opening up. Same pain I had when I was pregnant with Brantley. I didn't remember how much this hurt. I have my 28 week check up next Wednesday so I'm going to ask about physical therapy to see if that can help ease my pain. It worked last time so hopefully Dr. S will have no problem sending me again.
Other than that issue, I'm doing pretty well. I'm just feeling more and more pregnant every day. My belly is really poking out there and I'm quickly growing out of all my t-shirts. I'm needing to buy more maternity clothes/dresses for this spring so I'll be doing that over the next few weeks.

Movement: Savannah is on the move for sure. I feel her kicking, flipping, hiccuping every day. I've cut back on my daily caffeine intake so her activity has slowed down a little but which is good. I was beginning to notice that she was more active than I thought was normal. By cutting out most of my morning coffee over the past week I've noticed she has been sleeping more. Thank goodness, because she was wearing me out with all her kicking.

Baby's Size at 27 weeks:
Savannah is the size of a cauliflower!
At 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, she's not just getting bigger, she's getting smarter.
  • She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs.
  • It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And her brain will keep on getting more complex.
Belly Pic of the week:

And for comparison sake:
I'm a bit bigger now than I was at 27 weeks pregnant with Brantley, but they say that's normal with second babies, right?

What I'm looking forward to: On Monday, March 5th, we are going to 4D Mommies in Mountain Brook to have our 4D ultrasound done of Savannah. I'm so excited that we are getting to do this again. I'm anxious to see what Savannah will look like. I can't wait to see her adorable little face!!

That's all for this week. Hopefully I'll be back this weekend to post about 28 weeks, but I may just wait until Monday to post my weekly update and 4D ultrasound pictures together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...