Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Big Fat Belly - 26 Weeks

How I'm feeling at 26 weeks:  I came down with another cold over the weekend and I'm feeling pretty rough now. Stopped up nose and a stubborn cough. I'm hoping it will only last a few more days and I'll be feeling much better by the end of the week. Other than that I'm just feeling really big! I've had to start borrowing Chase's t-shirt because most of mine are too short and small to wear anymore. Ahh! I have around 16 more weeks and I'm already huge! At my last appointment, my doctor measured my uterus but didn't say exactly whether I was measuring on track or not. We were talking about other stuff and I forgot to ask. I'm just assuming that no word on it means that, I was measuring okay. We did talk about my weight gain and I feel like it's a few pounds over what I should have gained but my doctor is totally comfortable with it since I'm a pretty small girl. She said my body probably needs the few extra pounds. Lastly, my left hip has been getting out of whack pretty bad these last few weeks. I had to go to the chiropractor at 24 weeks because it was hurting so bad and I'm planning to go back again tomorrow. I really need to go to the chiro every week from here on out so that I can keep this pain at bay and not let it get as bad as it did during my pregnancy with Brantley. Overall, I'm doing okay but I guess I do have those few complaints.

Movements: Baby girl is getting so much stronger and bigger. I can feel her kicking and flipping everyday and it feels like all the time. I'm thinking that we may be having another hyper active baby girl. I'm also thinking she might be bigger than Brantley was because she's growing faster than BR was at this point, or at least that's what I feel like. We'll see what she's measuring at our 4D ultrasound in a few weeks.

Baby's Size at 26 weeks:
Baby's now the size of a head of lettuce!
Baby's soaking up your antibodies, getting her immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and she'll soon be practicing the blink...perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes. 

Belly Pic of the week: Even though I didn't post for 25 weeks, I included last weeks picture this week.

Nursery Update: I ordered Brantley and Savannah's vinyl wall decals for their rooms and they were delivered Saturday. I have them laying out to flatten so that we can hang them one afternoon this week. They will go over each girls beds.

What I'm looking forward to: I'm calling tomorrow to make our appointment for our 4D ultrasound of Savannah. I'm hoping to make the appointment for the week after next. I'll be between 28 and 29 weeks then so it should be perfect. I really I'm interested to see what Savannah looks like. Will she look just like BR or totally different? I guess we will find out in a few weeks.

Doctor's Appointment: I go back to the doctor for my 28 week appointment on March 7th. After this appointment I will start going back every 2 weeks. Eeek! I can't believe we are getting this close. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...