Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

Bye-Bye Passy - Day 1

Today is a day I will remember forever and ever I'm quite sure. This morning when I went into BR's room to get her up she handed me her passy and said "passy broken". (She had chewed a hole in the end.) I told her that if it was broken she needed to throw it away. She got straight out of bed and went to the kitchen and threw it in the trash. I was totally shocked. Lucky for her I suppose, we had ONE last passy that she could have for nap time today. Which went just fine, as usual.
Tonight has been surprising and not as great so far. While putting BR to bed she decided that that one last passy was also broken (she had chewed a hole in that one also) so she came to the kitchen and threw it in the trash.
See! She ran back to bed and climbed in to read a few books. I read, she listened, just like we always do. Then I kissed her good night and left her room. For the first 5-10 minutes she was quiet and I was in total shock. By the time I sat down to write this post she started crying for me. I guess she had realized that she didn't have her passy anymore. She has now been crying for about 20 minutes and I'm not sure when she'll stop. Chase and I have both gone in there once to comfort her and she now has a sippy cup of water in bed with her, but none of that counts as a passy. 
We honestly don't have another passy to give her so she's just going to have to cry it out and be a big girl. I hope it doesn't last too much longer because Chase and I are ready to go to bed.

For now, I'm going to sit her and listen to her cry. Boo!

1 comment:

  1. Bless her heart! She will get used to it! Then she will see Savannah with one and want it! Ella still wants to put them in her mouth. Luckily Caroline doesn't take one so I had to throw them all away! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...