On Saturday, Chase, BR and I went down to Do Dah Day with Marley. We'd never been before and it was actually really fun. Very HOT, but still fun! We weren't as prepared as we should have been because we didn't take a quilt or food/drinks. Next year we'll do better. Brantley was pretty good to start off with but then she was tired and hungry but WAY to hot to eat or sleep. Screamed for a little while but then she finally slept in my arms for about 30 minutes. My arm was about to fall off when she woke up.
Actually the real reason I wanted to go to Do Dah Day was because Act Of Congress was playing that afternoon. They are the band that played at our wedding and we love their music. I can't wait for them to release their new music. Hearing them play again was #28 on my list of 101 in 1,001.
Our Saturday afternoon ended up being very fun despite the heat. There was so many dogs, some were little like Marley and some were huge Great Danes. I can't wait to go back next year. BR will be old enough to run around and enjoy it more and hopefully we'll recruit some other friends and their dogs to go with us.
It was a wonderful day! We were all overly exhausted from the heat and all the walking that we ate dinner and then went to bed at 8:30. Crazy, but that sleep was totally needed.


I miss going to Do Dah Day! Next year, you'll be prepared:) I always wished they would have it earlier in the Spring so it wouldn't be so hot. I always remember it being really hot. What a fun day!
ReplyDeleteMy mom's side of the family used to go to Do-Dah-Day every year but we haven't gone the past two years. I so want to go again. I didn't even realize it was last weekend until Justin told me. Though I don't know if we could bring the Giz. She may try to eat little Marley...or play with her to death.
ReplyDeleteYou dont even have to try and recruit me. Im going! =) Me and Logan and Wriggs will love it! Count us in! Looks like yall had fun.
ReplyDelete