Thursday night, Sept 15th, I had gone to the grocery store to pick up a few things that we needed for dinner. While I was there I decided to buy a home pregnancy test because I was already 1 day late for getting my expected period. Once I got home I decided that even though it was probably too early for the test to detect my pregnancy I wanted to give it a shot anyways. There were 2 tests in the box so I figured even if I saw the "not pregnant" reading, I would still have a test to take the next month. ha!
So I told Chase I was going to take the test and off I went. To my surprise the word "PREGNANT" showed up only a minute or so after I finished the test (aka. pee'd on the stick). I couldn't believe it! I carried the test into the kitchen to show Chase and his reaction was classic... "Really! That was easy!" haha!
We are very blessed to be a very fertile couple. This makes baby #2 that was conceived on the first try. We or I really wasn't expecting to get pregnant this month because I had just gotten off my birth control and I felt like my cycle was all out of wack, but I guess I was wrong because I'M PREGNANT!!
My first doctors appointment is set for October 14th at 9:30 am and it can't get here soon enough. I'm so ready to see the baby on that screen and hear it's precious heart beating. That is by far one of the sweetest sounds ever! Until that appointment my due date is May 23rd based on my last period. The doctor may adjust that some after we see the size of the baby on the ultrasound.
Chase and I are super excited and surprised about this sweet baby! Brantley Rae is going to be a BIG SISTER in about 7 months! That's hard to believe but I'm so excited for her. We have been thanking God daily for this precious blessing and praying also that He continues to allow the baby to grow and develop just as it should into a healthy baby boy or girl.
According to the Baby Center website the Chinese Gender Predictor says that we will be welcoming a bouncing baby BOY in May! There is only a 50-50 chance that will be right but I would love it if we had a boy. This is our last we having one of each gender is a dream of mine. God knows what's best so we'll just have to wait and see what's in his plan for our family. Either way, boy or girl, I don't care as long as he or she is healthy I'll be one happy Momma.


No comments:
Post a Comment