Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, September 30, 2011

My Big Fat Belly - 6 weeks

How far along: 6 weeks, 2 days

Symptoms: So far I'm still feeling great. Every now and then I'll feel a bit queasy but it passes pretty fast as long as I snack on something and drink a little water or something sweet. The girls are a little sore and if it weren't for these two things (and the fact that I never got my period) I'd have no clue I was pregnant.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, although I am wearing my belly band with some of my jeans that are a little snug. I don't want to smush the little baby in my tummy. I have to admit that I'm looking forward to wearing my maternity clothes or at least some of it because for the most part they are way more comfortable than trying to squeeze into regular clothes and wearing a belly band.

Weight Gain: Nothing yet thankfully. I am hovering at 112 lbs for now so we'll see where it goes from here. I think I gained around 35 pound during my pregnancy with Brantley so hopefully I can stay around that number this time as well.

Baby's Size this week:
Our baby is the size of a sweet pea!
The average embryo at week 6 is about .25 inches and will double in size again next week. Wow!
Baby's Development this week:
This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. (Information from BabyCenter.com)

Movement: No movement yet, the baby is way to small and barely wiggling it's paddle feet and arms. I just looked back at my Belly posts with Brantley and I wasn't really feeling her until 19 weeks. I may feel this baby sooner just because I know what it really feels like now.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Going to the beach next weekend and telling the rest of my family and my Grandmother Harris that we're expecting again. We're going down there for my cousin's wedding but I don't think she'll mind if I share my news when we get there or at least I hope she doesn't.
I'm also really looking forward to my first doctors appointment on Oct. 14th. It's 2 weeks from today! I'm so ready to hear the baby's heartbeat and to see him/her on the ultrasound screen. Those two things will make this more real since I don't really "feel" pregnant yet.

Bump pic for the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...