First of all, I know you're probably thinking, "It's about time" and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get around to this but here is my blog about our honeymoon.
We started our honeymoon in Pigeon Forge, TN. We stayed in a very nice cabin called, Smokey Safari. It had lots of animal print in it and a red, heart-shaped tub, which we thought was awesome! There was also a game room upstairs that was real nice. I wish we could have been there longer so that we could have used it more than we did.
We started our honeymoon in Pigeon Forge, TN. We stayed in a very nice cabin called, Smokey Safari. It had lots of animal print in it and a red, heart-shaped tub, which we thought was awesome! There was also a game room upstairs that was real nice. I wish we could have been there longer so that we could have used it more than we did.
This is the Smokey Safari.
The red, heart-shaped tub was really cool. We bought bubbles and tea light candles for it. It was really relaxing!Friday, we went to Gatlinburg for the day. We walked around in some of the shops, road the SkyLift, went to the Ripley Believe It or Not museum and ate lunch at Fanny Farkles. It was a really fun day! That afternoon we drove through the mountains trying to find a waterfall but sadly it got dark and we never made it to the waterfall that day.
This is the picture we took right as we got out of the car in Gatlinburg. We were so excited to be on our honeymoon.
We decided to have some ice cream at the top of the Sky Lift before heading back down. Triple Chocolate Dip Cones are SOOO good!!Friday night we ate dinner at a place called the Blue Moose in Pigeon Forge. We had the best burgers and the greatest thing of all was that they had WiFi there so Chase got his computer out of the car to check e-mail. When I checked mine we had an awesome surprise from our photographer, our wedding pictures were ready. So we sat in the restaurant for an hour and a half watching the slideshow of our pictures. They are great!!! Check them out!! (The password is williamson12409)
Saturday, we woke up late, got ready and went to find some breakfast. It was kind of a rainy day but we decided to drive around to some waterfalls anyways. We did get to see a few falls and we Also went to Cades Cove in Townsend, TN. We really want to go back there one days when it's sunny and warmer because there is so much we didn't get to see.

This is one of the waterfalls we got to drive up to. It was really pretty! It was called The Sinks. While it's very pretty, it is also very dangerous. People have jumped off and sadly died from hitting the rocks under the water.
Chase and I were kinda wet from walking around Cades Cove but we took a picture anyways.
This was the Baptist Church in Cades Cove. It was really old and neat inside.Saturday was Valentine's and we went to the Dixie Stampede for dinner and the show. We had the greatest time. The show was wonderful and the food was even better. After the show we decided to go play Putt-Putt Golf. Chase was dying to play before we left. It was really fun but we both wish we had picked a better course.

Sunday morning we packed up and drove over to Nashville where we spent the night in the Union Station Hotel. The hotel was AMAZING!!! We got ungraded to a nicer room because it was our honeymoon. It had 30 foot ceilings and a really nice bed.


Sunday afternoon, Chase and I walked around downtown Nashville to some of the shops. We both got new cowboys boots. I actually was able to get 2 new pairs and Chase got one. I'll have to post that picture later when I can find it.
Chase's boots are in the middle and mine are on the sides.
Chase's boots are in the middle and mine are on the sides.
This is the inside of a bar called Layla's that we went into to use the bathroom and sit and listen to the music for a little while. It was pretty cool!Lastly, on Monday we headed back to Birmingham and on the way I had my eyes open looking for a winery. Chase and I decided that every trip we go on we're going to collect bottles of wine even though we're not big wineo's. In Arrington, TN we found a really awesome winery, Arrington Vineyards, about 15 miles off the interstate. We got to have a tasting and there were lots of really good ones. So Chase picked a white and I picked a raspberry dessert wine.



I am so glad ya'll had a great time! I love all the pictures! It's a great idea to pick up a bottle of wine from all of your trips!!
ReplyDelete