Weight: 13 lb 1oz Height: I'm not sure
Diapers: Size 2 Clothes: 3-6 months and 6 months
Sleep: (Unswaddled) This one is not a great topic around our house. Savannah still isn't a very good sleeper. Her naps are usually only 30-45 minutes. She takes 4 naps usually, some days only 3. I feel like I've tried everything and nothing seems to keep her asleep for longer (with the exception of today). Today, I watched the monitor and watched the clock as it got to the 45 minute mark. At 44 minutes she began wiggling and then crying, I dashed in there and gave put the paci back in her mouth and patted her back. She actually went back to sleep and slept for another hour and 15 minutes. Hallelujah!!
Her nighttime sleep is okay but she isn't sleeping through the night. Typically, she wakes at 11:30pm and then again around 3:30am or 4:00am. I'm really hoping that she starts to drop the 11:30 soon and just wakes up once. We'll see.
Nursing: I'm still nursing almost exclusively. Every now and then I have to give her formula but it's very rare. That's usually just when I'm leaving her with someone and I haven't had time to pump.
Note: Lately, while she's nursing, she reaches up and plays with my lips.
Solids: I have started letting her try a few things as of this week. She has had rice cereal, squash and avocado. She really liked the squash but it's too sure about the avocado yet. I'm going to keep trying. She is still spitting most of it out. A friend of mine told me something that I thought was funny about feeding a baby food for the first time. She said "it's like spackling a wall. You put it in, you wipe it off. You put it in, you wipe it off." haha
Abilities:
- Pushed her chest up off the floor pretty high during tummy time
- Will play on her tummy for a good 5-10 minutes before getting tired of it
- She loves the new toy that we borrowed from our friend, Carter. Thanks again, Marcie!
- She loves to jump. In her Exersaucer, Johnny Jump-up, her Jumperoo or our lap. Doesn't matter where she is, her legs are always moving.
- Her eye-hand coordination is getting pretty good. She can get any toy to her mouth if she wants to
- Puts everything in her mouth
- Not rolling over yet but she's getting there. Maybe by 6 months.
- Plays with her toes all the time. She can put them in her mouth.
- Coos "talks" a lot. So cute!
Likes & Dislikes:- Likes being held
- Loves her Mommy A LOT!
- Likes her Exersaucer and Jumperoo. She doesn't need the pillow behind her anymore now that her stability has improved and her head control is really good.
- Dislikes riding in the car when she is tired or hungry.
- Dislikes her swing. She rarely ever lets me put her in it for longer than about 5 minutes. Bummer!
Overall, she is a super happy baby and we love her so very much! Despite her bad sleep habits, she is still totally happy and loving life. She smiles ALL the time!! We are so thankful for her!
So that's Savannah at 5 months.
UPDATE: Just minutes after I posted this Savannah rolled from her back to her belly for the first time. She has now done it twice all by herself. She also rolled from tummy to back twice with just a tiny push from her daddy. She'll probably be rolling over in no time both ways, all the time!
UPDATE: Just minutes after I posted this Savannah rolled from her back to her belly for the first time. She has now done it twice all by herself. She also rolled from tummy to back twice with just a tiny push from her daddy. She'll probably be rolling over in no time both ways, all the time!

No comments:
Post a Comment