Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Big Fat Belly - 38 Weeks

How I'm Feeling at 38 weeks: Anxious. Nervous. Tired. Ready. Really pregnant. Annoyed. Excited. Happy. Anxious!! Every feeling under the sun that can be associated with being 38 weeks pregnant really!! I'm so ready to have this baby in my arms and I'm trying really hard to be patient. Unfortunately, if you know me at all, you know that patience is not one of my greatest virtues. So, I'm taking it one day at a time and reminding myself over and over again that the longer she is inside my belly, the healthier she will be.
I've started having more BH contractions each day and they are longer and stronger, just not in any consistent pattern and they stop when I go to bed or rest. I've been trying to get out and walk a little every day but that isn't always possible with BR because she doesn't like to ride in the stroller for longer than 20 minutes. The pressure down there is so crazy painful sometimes, especially during a contraction. I feel like I spend the majority of my day in the bathroom because I'm constantly having to pee. It will be so nice when that sensation is gone after delivery.
So, really overall I'm still doing great. At my appointment on Thursday, I was still 1.5cm, almost 2cm. My belly is measuring 37.5 weeks so Savannah's growth has started to slow down which I'm hoping translates into, she'll be here very soon. My blood pressure is still wonderfully low and I haven't gained any weight in over 3 weeks now.

Baby Movements: Savannah is actually still very active at times. I thought by now she would have run out of room to do much moving. BUT for the past 3 mornings and sometimes during the day, she gets really ralled up and kicks, punches, squirms for a good 15 minutes which hurts and keeps me awake for a while. Chances are she is going to be an early riser once she's born. Oh Joy!

Baby's Size: Dr. S and I discussed Savannah's size on Thursday and we're both thinking she might be a little smaller than Brantley when she is born. I feel like I was bigger with BR and since SC's growth has slowed down I'm not sure she'll make it to 7lbs 10oz by next Saturday, but really we don't know.

Belly Pic of the week:

I'll be back Friday for my 39 weeks belly post or sooner if Savannah decides to make her arrival before then. I hope everyone has a good week! Please keep us in your prayers! Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...