Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

It's Delivery Week!!

Yay!! This week is finally here and I'm so super excited about meeting our sweet Savannah sometime between now and Saturday afternoon!! For those of you who may have missed it, I've decided to be induced this coming Saturday because I'll be 39 weeks, 1 day and I'm just plan tired of being pregnant. I'm almost certain she will decide to come before then based on the early labor I've been experiencing but then again only she and God know if that will happen. I know she is still growing and getting stronger with every day she is in my belly but I'm am pretty confident that she will be perfectly healthy enough come Saturday if we end up having to kick her out. I know not everyone agrees that being induced is a good decision but it's the best one for me and we (Chase, my doctor and I) are comfortable with it. 
I will have baby Savannah in my arms by Sunday morning!!!

Early Labor update: So Saturday I started having a few contractions throughout the day but they weren't close together at all and weren't consistent either so I knew it wasn't the real thing. Then yesterday morning, I started having contractions again. These were a little more painful and came more often. During our lunch at Outback with our parents I had 6-7 contractions so I was beginning to wonder what was going on. They were hurting too! My dad was sitting next to me at lunch and he could tell when I was having one because I would stop lean back a little and breathe slowly. He just looked at me each time like "Another one? Is it time?"
After lunch we went home and hung around the house and I began to monitor the contractions. The were coming every 15 minutes or so and lasting about 30-45 seconds. I decided to go for a walk during BR's nap to see if they would get closer and stronger. To my surprise they did! By last night before bed, I was having pretty painful contractions every 10-11 minutes and they were lasting 50-60 seconds. I was really beginning to think that the time had come and that maybe this afternoon I would be having a baby. BUT, nope! During the night things changed. I continued having contractions but they started to space back out again. I was able to get a few hours of sleep thankfully, but then by the time I got up and out of the bed they had almost completely stopped. Darn it!! I tried walking in our circle, swaying and doing some squats before Brantley woke up but unfortunately, no matter what I did the contractions were not coming back like they had been yesterday.
After feeding Brantley breakfast I decided to take her to her JiJi's house so that I could go walk at the mall for a little while and give that a try. I wasn't totally ready to give up yet at that point. I dropped BR off and headed to Brookwood Mall. I knew the stores wouldn't be open at 9am but I thought at least the building would have been open for walkers. Nope! The mall doesn't open until 10am. I was there at 9:15 and I wasn't going to sit there and wait. I began to feel tired and worn out from not getting much sleep last night so I finally owned up to the reality that today is not delivery day and I should just go home and take a nap while BR was having fun with JiJi. And that's exactly what I did. It was SO nice!

After my nap I went and picked up BR and we came home. She ate a little lunch and watched an episode of Calliou before going down for her nap. I decided that now is the time to just relax and wait for the real labor to kick in. I know God is trying to teach me patience (it's an on-going lesson for me that I tend to never stick with- I really need to try!) and right now I'm just trying to listen.
I know that Savannah will be here very soon and if every thing will work out perfectly whether she comes Saturday with some encouragement or before on her own. I know God is in control and I just have to keep reminding myself that his was is best.

So that's my labor update for today. I'm having very random contractions today that are a bit painful but I'm not concerned with them at all right now. My plan is to labor at home as long as possible if my contractions do start back sometime this week (unless my water breaks) so that I don't have to be in Labor and Delivery for a super long time. We'll see how it goes! Prayers are appreciated! Thanks!!

3 comments:

  1. I was joking with your server, Anthony, that you were due any day now and that he better watch out or you might go into labor at Outback. I can't believe you were actually having contractions while you were there! You look fantastic, and you're right, it's all a test of patience right now. You're in the home stretch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to have another member of our family!! Good luck :) We love you! (And Brantley and Chase)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!!! Hopefully she comes before Saturday for you! But at least there's an end in sight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...