Doctors Appointment/Progress: I went to my 37 weeks appointment yesterday. Savannah and I are still doing really well. All the little measurements and tests they do looked great so there are no worries. Dr. S checked my cervix again just to see if anything had changed since Tuesday and I was still at a solid 1.5cm. I was totally expecting that since I haven't been feeling very many BH contractions. So that was that.
Kinda big news....There is an end in sight! Dr. S and I decided yesterday that if I haven't had Savannah on my own by 39 weeks, I will be induced on Saturday, May 19th!!!!! I'm so excited to say that in 2 weeks or less we will be holding our baby girl in our arms!!! So if I don't go into labor sometime in the next 2 weeks on my own Chase and I will be heading to the hospital bright and early that Saturday morning to be induced. EEEK! I'm so excited!!!
Baby's Size at 37 weeks:
Savannah is now about the size of a Watermelon and considered FULL TERM!! Yay!!
I forgot to have Dr. S guess how much she weighs at this appointment but I'm still going to guess that she is somewhere around 6-7lbs. I was looking back at my belly pictures from my pregnancy with BR and I think I may have been a little bigger at 37 weeks with her than I am at 37 weeks with Savannah. BR was born 7lb10oz at 39 weeks, so that's why I'm guessing that Savannah is more like 6lbs right now.
What I'm looking forward to: Going into labor sometime soon or at least being induced in 2 weeks. I'm so happy to know that there is a for sure end (I mean I know the date) that I will no longer be pregnant and I will get to see our sweet baby girls face. These next 2 weeks are going to test my patience so please pray with me that I can relax and just enjoy myself while we wait for Savannah's big debut. Thanks!
Belly pic at 37 weeks:
You can visit HERE to see my 37 week belly post during my pregnancy with Brantley Rae and compare my size if you'd like.
Okay I'll be back next week with 38 weeks belly post unless by some chance I deliver before then. Stay tuned!!

I absolutely LOVED being induced. I know I was complaining about wishing Carter would come, but being induced took all the unknown and surprise out of the equation and we were able to plan with family and friends that were gonna visit. It was awesome. I hope you have her before then if that's what you want of course, but induction has its upsides :). Carter and I did our bedtime prayers tonight and prayed for you and Savannah.
ReplyDeleteYou are getting so close! You and Savannah are in my thoughts.
ReplyDeletehttp://jamiesjourneythroughlife.blogspot.com/