Savannah's position: Dr. S is pretty sure she is head down because she always hears her heartbeat on the Doppler below my belly button. I think she is still pivoting around though because sometimes I feel her back in front but then other times I feel arms and legs. At my next appointment in 2 weeks, Dr. S is going to make sure she is head down and whether she is sunny side up or not. I'm hoping she isn't because that would mean I'll be having a longer/harder delivery this time.
Movements: Savannah still moves around a good bit. She is mostly giving me kicks and punches these days because she has gotten too big to turn flips.
Baby's Size at 34 weeks:
-My guess is that she's probably is the middle of that range at about 5 pounds.
-At 34 weeks, the Savannah is now able to recognize simple songs that are sung over and over. I guess Savannah will be calmed by Brantley and I singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and The Wheels on the Bus because we sing those a lot.
-She is also urinating about a pint a day. This one isn't so cute but my hope is that her bladder is working just as it should be.
-At 34 weeks, the Savannah is now able to recognize simple songs that are sung over and over. I guess Savannah will be calmed by Brantley and I singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and The Wheels on the Bus because we sing those a lot.
-She is also urinating about a pint a day. This one isn't so cute but my hope is that her bladder is working just as it should be.
Doctor's appointment: I had my 34 week check up with Dr. S on Thursday afternoon and we got a good report from her. My blood pressure was 126/68 which is really good and about where it is always. (In the past weeks it's been more like 120/60, but this weeks is still really good). My weight gain still looks good but the number is getting higher and higher and it's starting to freak me out, but I'll live. I'm measuring exactly 34cm/weeks so even though I look really huge and like I'm about ready to pop, Savannah's growth is right on track.
My next appointment will be in 2 weeks (36 weeks). Dr. S will do my first pelvic exam to see if I have started to dilate or thin out. I will also have blood work done and such to gear but for delivery.
I'm not really sure if I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions yet or not. If I have, I can't really feel them or I'm just not sure what I'm feeling. I'm hoping I start having them (and feeling them) in the next two weeks so my body can start practicing for delivery. We'll see!
Belly Pic of the week:
We finally hung Savannah's vinyl name decal a few weeks ago. The plan is to hang a canvas print of one of her newborn photos above it after she's born. I can't wait!
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting Savannah in a few weeks and not being pregnant anymore!!

LOVE that decal!!!
ReplyDelete