Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 29, 2011

BR at 16 Months Old

Brantley Rae at 16 Months Old:
Weights: not sure but I'm thinking 19 lbs
Heights: around 30.5 inches tall
Clothes: size 12 months       Diapers: size 3       Shoes: 4.5
New Words: Thank you "tay tu",  Please "me" (she signs this one at the same time so we know what she means. I'm just glad she's attempting to say words), All Done "aw dun" (this isn't a new word but she's pronouncing it much better. She actually puts the "n" sound on the end of "done". So cute), Up "bupbup". There may be another one but I can't think of it.
What has Brantley Rae been up to:
  •  Well she loves to run around the house and chatter about I have no idea what. It's so cute to hear her little feet on the hardwoods and her little jibber-jabber. Precious!
  • She's becoming more interested in baby dolls.
  • Her hair has been growing like crazy. I have to put a ponyttail holder and a bow in it everyday (the bow is optional, ponytail is a must).
  • Loves to look at books but doesn't like to sit still long enough for me to read one all the way through.
  • She has been eating so much since she was sick a few weeks ago. I'm not kidding you! She can put some food away now, especially if it's something she really loves.
    • Favorite Foods: Blueberries!, strawberries, cantaloupe, hot dogs, Dave's Deli's turkey and cheese sandwich (she will eat over half of the sandwich), CHEESE! (still her most favorite), milk, water and juice,  Waffer Cookies (thanks Bebe!).
FYI: BR in the bottom right picture looks SO much like me when I was her age. My parents can back me up on this one.
The older she gets the more fun she gets because she is interacting with us a learning SO many new things. Recently, she and her Daddy have started playing hide and seek. SO cute! Chase will hide and the BR will do find him. He jumps out, she laughs and wants him to do it again. Haha!

  • She is also learning to be a little bit defiant at times. It's really not bad, but sometimes I have to pop her little hand/leg or try putting her in timeout. Timeouts don't work all that well yet. I mostly just remover her from the "naughty" situation and distract her as best I can. So far this approach has worked pretty well.
  • The above picture captured the facial expression that I get a lot these days when I ask her to do something she isn't sure she wants to do. She's so stinkin' cute that sometimes that face wins. haha! I'm not a big pushover but sometimes I do give in to her cuteness. 
So that's Brantley Rae's 16 month posting. She is wonderful! Chase and I are truly blessed and thankful for her precious life. We thank God daily for putting her in our care. I hope that I will always be a good mother to her and make the best decisions in her life. Life is so great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...