This past week has been so crazy with birthday celebrations and such, that I'm just now getting around to writing this post.
We went to BR's 12 month check up on Tuesday afternoon so now I have her stats.
Weight: 17 lb 13 oz
Height: 29 1/2 inches
Head: 18 1/4 inches
Teeth: still only 2 on the bottom
Diapers: Size 3
Clothes: Mostly 12 months but some 9 month things still fit - Shoes: size 3.5
Words: "dada" and "a da" aka All Done
She says "dada" and "a da" all the time. I think I've heard her slip up and say "mama" a few times the past couple of days but she doesn't say it on command. I know she will eventually.
Favorite Foods: Mandarin Oranges, Strawberries, Broccoli, Green Beans, Edemame, Cheese, Chicken, Eggs, Waffles, Buddy Fruits (if you haven't tried these with your little one, I recommend them. They're great!) She also still likes puffs, crackers. She wants to try anything we are eating. We usually let her and sometimes we don't.
Sleeping Habits: Brantley is still taking 2 naps a day. We are working towards switching to 1 long nap a day but Brantley isn't ready. Also, she still wakes up at least one time every night. I'm so tired of this. Dr. S said that it's more habit so I just need to give her water instead of feeding her a bottle and let her cry it out. I haven't taken that step yet. It may take a few nights but I will eventually stop giving her a full bottle and hopefully she will stop feeling so hungry at 4 am.
Oh and the other good news is that she has started drinking Whole Milk. I'm pumped that we don't have to continue buying formula anymore. That stuff is expensive!
Brantley Rae at 12 months:- Is the cutest little girl and so much fun to be around.
- Is starting to show an interest in Baby Dolls which makes me really happy. I LOVED baby dolls when I was a little girl. I was a little mommy and I would love for Brantley to have that motherly instinct as well.
- She loves playing with and holding onto helium balloons. We still have two from her birthday party and she holds the string and walks them around with her all day. It's pretty cute!
- Is trying to start running, but not quite there yet.
- Knows how to drink from a sippy cup with a straw. When we are out to dinner/lunch, she wants to drink our drinks if we have a top and straw. She thinks she's so big.
- I hate to admit it but she throws some seriously fits when she's tired and has something she wants taken away from her.I'm not going to lie. I usually think it's pretty funny but I try not to let her see me laughing. haha!
- Not a big fan of sweets. Like father, like daughter.
I know there is so much more that I should add to this post but I'll have to come back and update as I think of things. My brain is running a little slow this morning.
This picture is from Brantley's birthday party (01/29/11) She had a great time and was so cute!
Brantley Rae,
Mommy and Daddy love you very very much. We can't believe you're already a year old but we love watching you learn and grow. You are such and blessing and we are so thankful to have you in our lives.
We love you, BR!!
-Mommy and Daddy




No comments:
Post a Comment