Weight: 15lb 15oz Height: 28 inches Head Circ: 17 1/4 inches
Diapers: Size 3 in Luvs Clothes: Size 9 Months
(I've packed up almost all of her 6 month clothes at this point. There are a few stragglers, but not many.)
Eating: Unfortunately, I am finished nursing Savannah. Shortly after she turned 8 months old, I came down with a terrible case of bronchitis. The antibiotic I had to take kept me from being able to nurse for a whole 7 days. In order to nurse after, I would have had to pump 5-6 times a day. That was totally out of the question, because I just don't have that kind of free time. So by the end of the week I was only pumping twice a day (morning and bedtime). Savannah switched to bottles beautifully and didn't seem to miss nursing at all (which made me a little sad), but she is happy so that's all that matters.
- She is now on Similac formula. She drinks 5oz bottles upon waking in the morning, middle of the day and at bedtime. She has 4oz bottles for her morning and afternoon snack. That is all the formula I can get her to drink. I have tried and tried to get her to take at least 5oz every time, but she just won't do it. Petite!!
Savannah really likes to feed herself so foods she can pick up and feed herself are a must these days. She still eats baby food but I don't think it will be long before she is refusing to eat from a spoon (like her big sister did).
Solids: Finger foods she is eating now: sweet peas, lima beans, green beans, carrots, cut up chicken, puffs and lil' munchies, bananas, kiwi, eggs, cheese cubes cut up into small pieces, yogurt puffs and crackers (ritz and saltines).
Teeth: Still no teeth! I keep thinking one is going to pop out but so far, nothing.
(Update: Since I'm posting this so late I'll just add that on Feb. 28th we noticed that she is cutting her first tooth. It's not of the front bottom teeth. Bless her heart! We didn't get much sleep last night.)
Sleep: She is consistently sleeping through the night now!! YAY!! This is way before Brantley started sleeping through the night so I am super pumped. Her morning naps at school are really crappy. They are only about 30 minutes, on a good day. When we're at home and she's in her bed, she'll sleep for an hour or so. Her afternoon naps have been 2-2.5 hours lately, which is wonderful!
Words: "dada" all the time. She is starting to say "momma" more and more but she still doesn't say it when she is referring to me. She also says her /b/ sounds every now and then.
Abilities at 9 months, 13 days: (Wow, I'm really behind on this one! Oops!)-Crawling EVERYWHERE! She has the full crawl down to a science now and she is super fast.
-Pulling up on lots of stuff. She has been pulling up to her knees for a few weeks now, but she is getting braver each day and is now pulling up to her feet. Yesterday, 02/28, was the first time she pulled up to standing in her crib. She does it all the time now. Last night while protesting bedtime, she busted her lip/tongue on the edge of her crib. :( I felt so bad for her. Of course, that didn't stop her from doing it again though. Her favorite place to crawl to is the bathroom and then she pulls up on the tub. I can find her there most times I go looking!
-Still needs her pacifier to go to sleep and likes it in the car as well. I've been consciously trying to make sure she only has it at these times so maybe she won't become as attached as BR did.
-Loves bath time! She is no longer using the Bumbo seat in the bathtub. I have a mat in the bottom of the tub and she can sit on it just fine and doesn't scoot or fall over. Now she splashes like crazy and gets me totally soaked. haha!
-Savannah loves her walker. She has gotten really good at it! She will walk in circles around the island in our kitchen. It's pretty cute!
-Her interest in Brantley's toys is growing more and more every day. She enjoys playing in BR's kitchen and doll house.
Savannah is such a happy baby! We love her so so much! I can't believe she will be a year old in less that 3 months. Wow! Slow down time!!


No comments:
Post a Comment