Nursing: I am still nursing her 6-8 times a day depending on how many times she wakes in the night and sometimes she nurses more often if she doesn't nurse well during one of her feedings. She has also gotten her appetite back from being sick a few weeks ago so she is nursing better and eating more solids now.
Solids: Baby girl loves to eat! She prefers to eat solids after each time she nurses during the day. She doesn't always get to but she'll eat whatever I offer her. She is still eating lots of vegetables and some fruits. I'm still making most of her food at home.
She eats rice puffs and I gave her the yogurt melts for the first time yesterday. I have to put them in her mouth but she likes them for a snack. She LOVES drinking water from a sippy cup!
The foods that are homemade are listed first.
She eats rice puffs and I gave her the yogurt melts for the first time yesterday. I have to put them in her mouth but she likes them for a snack. She LOVES drinking water from a sippy cup!
The foods that are homemade are listed first.
Vegetables: sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, butternut squash and acorn squash. I'm planning to make carrots for the first time tomorrow. She has had them before and loves them. She has also had spinach and white beans in some of the Sprout baby food pouches I've bought for her. I buy those to feed her when we're out and about. Last night I fed her Gerber's Organic Macaroni and Cheese with mixed Vegetables and she LOVED it! She wanted more but I wasn't about to open another one. ha! I offered some applesauce instead.
Fruits: pear (her favorite), banana, avocado and applesauce. She has had combinations of strawberry, blueberry and apricots in the baby food pouches.
Other: She started eating yogurt on Friday. She loves it so far. She's eating YoBaby Vanilla yogurt. Even I like it!
Other: She started eating yogurt on Friday. She loves it so far. She's eating YoBaby Vanilla yogurt. Even I like it!
Sleep: She still isn't sleeping as well as I'd like for her to but again this is mostly my fault that I wasn't strong enough to let her cry-it-out (CIO) when she was younger. Naps 3-4 times a day. I put her to bed by 7:30 each night. She has been waking up at least twice a night for a few weeks now. Sometimes I let her CIO to go back to sleep and sometimes I cave and I go in and nurse her so she'll go back to sleep. I know that I need to be more consistent and stick to having her CIO but that's easier said than done at 12am and 3am. It's so much faster and easier to just go in and nurse her. We get more sleep that way. But I do realize that I'm about to have a crawler on my hands and then CIO is going to take even longer and be much harder. I need to be stronger but seriously, it's just so tough to listen to her scream and cry in the middle of the night for close to 2 hours at a time. SO HARD! I hate it!!
Last night (12/15/12) she slept almost all night. I did hear her a few times but I never got up. I actually stayed in bed all night! I couldn't believe it this morning. I was so happy and proud of her!!
Abilities at 7 Months: Savannah has mastered sitting up. She loves to just sit and play with her toys in the floor now. She has started prepping for crawling by pulling her legs under her tummy and rocking back and forth. With help she can kinda crawl/scoot towards a toy. She can drink from a sippy cup as I mentioned before. She grabs my hair all the time and pulls very hard. It hurts!
Savannah has learned how to click her tongue and blow strawberries with her tongue. You know like the na-na-nu-booboo kinda thing. She does it all the time! She will just smile SO big!! She knows she's cute already!! Takes a bath in her Bumbo seat instead of the baby tub.
Last night (12/15/12) she slept almost all night. I did hear her a few times but I never got up. I actually stayed in bed all night! I couldn't believe it this morning. I was so happy and proud of her!!
Abilities at 7 Months: Savannah has mastered sitting up. She loves to just sit and play with her toys in the floor now. She has started prepping for crawling by pulling her legs under her tummy and rocking back and forth. With help she can kinda crawl/scoot towards a toy. She can drink from a sippy cup as I mentioned before. She grabs my hair all the time and pulls very hard. It hurts!
Savannah has learned how to click her tongue and blow strawberries with her tongue. You know like the na-na-nu-booboo kinda thing. She does it all the time! She will just smile SO big!! She knows she's cute already!! Takes a bath in her Bumbo seat instead of the baby tub.
Likes at 7 Months: Mommy! She loves me so much and the feeling is mutual. She is definitely a momma's girl. - She still loves her Johnny Jump Up. - She loves bath time! Now that she's sitting up in the Bumbo seat, she will just kick and kick and kick. She tries to grab the cup and wash cloth while I'm bathing her. - The girl loves to eat. Really, I mentioned it before but she really loves to eat solids. - She loves playing in the floor with her toys. Every now and then I pull out a new toy for her to try out. She loves playing with balls and musical toys.
Dislikes at 7 Months: Being left alone for too long. - When mommy leaves the room. - Sitting in her highchair while I prepare her food. She beats on her tray and fusses. - Sleeping through the night. ha!
We just love her smile! It's contagious!!
She'll be crawling before too much longer so I've got to get busy with baby proofing the house. Our upstairs is pretty much okay, except for the staircase. We have the gate, Chase just has to install it. Our downstairs, specifically my sewing room/the office, is a different story. That room is definitely not crawler ready so I'm going to be working on taking care of that this week.
So, another month has passed and I still can't believe it. She is growing up too fast and it makes me a little sad because I'm pretty sure I'll never have another baby to cuddle with or nurse. I'm going to miss these times! Savannah is a true joy and we are so very thankful for her!






No comments:
Post a Comment