Length: 21 inches
Diapers: Newborn Clothes: Newborn (some 0-3 months are starting to fit)
~She follows objects/faces as they pass in front of her.~
~She tolerates Tummy-Time for about 30-45 seconds at a time. She's very good at holding her head up already.~
~She sleeps most of the day but is starting to stay awake for longer periods of time.~
~Night time: The past 2 nights she has slept a 4-5 hour stretch (amazing!) and then another 3-4 hours.~
~She's still nursing really well and the colic episodes are occurring less often then they were a week or 2 ago. She eats every 2-3 hours during the daytime.~
~Smiles every now and then but not intentionally at us yet.~
~She follows objects/faces as they pass in front of her.~
~She tolerates Tummy-Time for about 30-45 seconds at a time. She's very good at holding her head up already.~
~She sleeps most of the day but is starting to stay awake for longer periods of time.~
~Night time: The past 2 nights she has slept a 4-5 hour stretch (amazing!) and then another 3-4 hours.~
~She's still nursing really well and the colic episodes are occurring less often then they were a week or 2 ago. She eats every 2-3 hours during the daytime.~
~Smiles every now and then but not intentionally at us yet.~
- Being held out in front of you while facing you and bouncing up and down slowly
- Her bouncy seat
- She's starting to get used to a pacifier but doesn't always keep it in her mouth
- Being swaddled. We swaddle her with an Aden & Anais blanket and we recently bought a Woombie. Savannah likes them both. My only issue with the Woombie is that sometimes it isn't tight enough to calm her flailing arms. I wish I had bought the Houdini style because it's suppose to be made of a thicker fabric. Oh well, for now we use the Woombie when we can and the blankets when she needs a tighter swaddle.
- She loves to be outside in the morning or evenings before it gets too hot out.
- Sitting in her bouncy seat in the kitchen window. She will look out the window at the sky and trees. It's pretty cute!
- So far she likes her bath but hates being cold while a dress her afterwards, but I don't blame her. Being wet and cold is no fun.
- She likes watching Brantley run around and play
Dislikes:
- Sitting in a dirty diaper
- Getting in her car seat
- GAS! BURPING!! COLIC!!! (I think we all dislike these symptoms here at the Williamson house!)
Savannah has been showing signs of Colic since she was 2 weeks old. I'm avoiding gluten, dairy and nuts (nut butters) as much as possible to hopefully eliminate some of the discomforts that cause her colicy times. So far this method seems to be helping a good bit. She also been adjusted by our chiropractor 3 times. We're hoping to continue taking her but I'm not sure how often yet.
In her first month of life, Savannah has...
- Met Mommy's cousin and her boys that live in Pennsylvania.
- Attended her first wedding and reception. One of my roommates from college got married last weekend. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Parker Gargis!! Meagan looked beautiful, as always! We sat in the balcony. Savannah slept through almost the whole ceremony and thankfully never made a peep.
- Attended her first wedding and reception. One of my roommates from college got married last weekend. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Parker Gargis!! Meagan looked beautiful, as always! We sat in the balcony. Savannah slept through almost the whole ceremony and thankfully never made a peep.
- Started sleeping in her bedroom instead of the Moses basket in our bedroom. This is so much better for mommy to get good sleep. Down fall...our brand new video monitor broke after just 3 weeks of use (not even everyday use). I still need to take it back but I haven't found the time yet. The power button on the parent unit stopped working. I'm not sure why because I didn't drop it or anything like that. I just hope that Babies R Us will take it back and order us a new one otherwise, a lot of money was wasted on it. Thankfully, Savannah's bedroom is right across the hall and I have really good mommy radar/hearing so I get up as soon as I hear her squirming and squeaking.
- Gone to her first couple of playdates with Brantley's playgroup. Most of us Mommy's have 2 kiddos now so the babies will have friends to play with just like the big kids.
- Gone to her first couple of playdates with Brantley's playgroup. Most of us Mommy's have 2 kiddos now so the babies will have friends to play with just like the big kids.
| Last Friday the playgroup went to Oak Mountain beach. Savannah did really well despite the heat. |
| This past Wednesday, we went to our friends parents house to swim in their pool. Savannah slept like this is the pack 'n play the whole time. |
Savannah,
You are 1 month old. We are loving watching you grow and change every day. We love you so very much!
-Mommy, Daddy and Brantley





Adorable pictures of her!!! Especially the one of her asleep in the pack-n-play. So glad she's sleeping good stretches at night for you! And as for the woombie, it was a little loose on Carter right when he started wearing it too, but he grew into it pretty quickly and I'm sure she will too. The good news is that she'll be able to stay in the newborn woombie for a while! Glad the colicy symptoms are getting better!
ReplyDelete