Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Family of Four - 3 Week Update

Wow! Things have changed quite a bit since bringing Savannah home. I'm exhausted most of the time and in desperate need of a nap. Sometimes I can get Savannah to nap while BR is down for her nap and when that happens, I actually do get a much needed cat nap. For the most part, Brantley has adjusted beautifully and is loving being a big sister. She enjoys helping me with diaper changes and holding Savannah. Sometimes she sings to her. Those moments melt my heart and make me smile so big!
 Savannah's 3 Week Update:
Weight: 7lb 14oz (6/5/12)           Head: 14inches            Length: 20 1/2inches
Diapers: Newborn             Clothes: Still mostly newborn but some 0-3 months things are starting to fit.
Eating: Savannah is still nursing exclusively. She eats about every 2 hours during the day and thankfully, stretches those out to every 3 hours at night. We're having some issues with her tummy so I'm having to change my diet to try and get her some relief from the pain she seems to be in. After a few of her feedings (it was every feeding a few days ago) \she gets very fussy and cries non stop because she is in so much pain. I'm changing to a gluten free & dairy free diet in hopes of giving her relief and to be able to continue nursing for as long as possible. I'm nursing her while she's sitting in my lap, strattling (sp?) my leg with her tummy against mine. This has helped tremendously with her feedings. She doesn't get choked as easily and doesn't take in as much air, which makes burping easier and less frequent. I've been having to give her Mylicon a few times a day when she's having trouble with gas. The main reason for her choking is that my milk supply is still regulating (my letdown is really forceful) and once it does, I'm pretty sure this problem will go away.
Sleep: Savannah is still sleeping the majority of the day and night. I have a really hard time getting her to go to sleep without nursing her to sleep. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll figure out how to change that without using a pacifier but I may have to give in at some point.

So for the most part we are doing really well and adjusting to life as a family of four. Things are busier, more  hectic and tiring but also a whole lot cuter than they were 3 weeks ago. We are truly blessed and loving our new addition to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...