Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Baby Bump @ 20 weeks

How I'm Feeling at 20 weeks: I'm still feeling pretty well, thankfully. I do have a new complaint that started this afternoon. There is a spot on the right side of my belly button that hurts pretty bad to the touch. It feels like a bad bruise but there is no discoloration and I haven't bumped into anything. I can't be certain that I haven't been hugged with a little too much force by the big sisters though. Maybe it's just my skin stretching, I don't know.

Baby Movement: I'm definitely feeling Ryleigh move around more and more. I found out today at our 20 week ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta, so Dr. S said that's probably why I'm not feeling her kick all that much. We saw her wiggling around a good bit during the ultrasound this morning, so I know she's on the move.

Gender: Baby is most definitely a GIRL!! The U/S tech confirmed her gender this morning.

Baby's Development: 
This week Ryleigh is the size of a big banana.
This morning at the ultrasound we got to see lots and lots of Ryleigh. She was facing out so we weren't able to get a good profile shot of her this time, but we saw arms, legs, hands, feet and all her sweet little organs. She measured exactly 20 weeks and weighs 11 ounces. Dr. S said she looked nearly perfect. Her heart, brain, mouth and limbs looked great.We are going to keep a watch on her ureters (the tube that connects the kidneys to the bladder). They were a bit swollen today so I'm going to have another ultrasound at 24 weeks to see if there has been any change by then. If they have not improved or have gotten larger, I will then have another ultrasound with a high-risk doctor to take a closer look. We were told that this will not be serious, but that Ryleigh could be more prone to kidney/bladder infections. 
Please join us in praying for improvement at our next ultrasound and 
that God would heal her sweet ureters. Thank you so much!

What I'm Looking Forward To: I'm looking forward to feeling her move more and for Chase and the girls to feel her kicking and moving around. I'm also looking forward to beginning to work on putting her nursery together. We probably won't do much until after Christmas, but I'm still excited about seeing my ideas come together.

Doctors Appointment: My next doctors appointment will be at 24 weeks. I will do the sugar test (oh joy!) and have the ultrasound to check Ryleigh's ureters.
**Note: So far I have gained about 12 pounds during this pregnancy and I'm super happy with that. I feel like I've gained more than that but it's all in the baby belly.**

Belly Picture: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...