Weight: 16lbs 12.5oz (04/08/13) I was WAY off on my guess last month.
She was 17lbs on April 23rd when I took her to the doctor. Found out she had a double ear infection. Bless her heart! She was pitiful!
She was 17lbs on April 23rd when I took her to the doctor. Found out she had a double ear infection. Bless her heart! She was pitiful!
Height: Not sure
Diapers: Still in Size 3
Clothes: Mostly 9 months but she is starting to
wear some 12 month outfits already.
Sleeping: Savannah had been sleeping through the night for a couple of months until last week when she got sick with the fever virus. That lasted for 6 days! Those nights she woke up 1-2 times because she just didn't feel well. Now that she is over the virus, she is having to relearn how to sleep through the night again. She wants me to come in there and comfort her and most of the time I do. I don't feed her usually but I do hold her for a minute or so and then put her back down. Last night (04/17/13) she slept through the night again. Yay! So we are making progress and I'm sure she'll be back to sleeping through in another couple of days.
Naps: Her naps at school are still pitiful and taken in a bouncy seat. She only sleeps about 30 minutes on school days. When we're at home in the mornings, she will take at least an hour long nap and sometimes a little longer. Every afternoon she sleeps from about 1:30 to 3:30-4:00. That is so great because Brantley takes her nap from 2-4 as well, so I get a good break each day. Some days don't work out just like that, but most of them do.
Eating: Savannah is doing really well with eating table foods that she is almost totally off of baby foods. We have gone out for dinner the past few days (shame on me for not cooking) and she has eaten little pieces of whatever we were eating. Last night, a grilled cheese and tonight she had chicken and rice from Iguana grill. She loves fruits, veggies, turkey, ham, chicken, cheese, greek yogurt, crackers, toast, cereal, etc. I am introducing new things to her just about every day. She surprises me with how well she can mash foods up without having more teeth! I haven't found much that she doesn't like.
Bottles/Sippy Cup: I am starting the transition to a sippy cup but so far it is going very slowly. Savannah is still taking 6oz bottles when she wakes in the morning, before her afternoon nap and at bed time. In between those feedings, I give her formula in a sippy cup with breakfast, lunch and snacks but most days, I still decide to offer her a 4oz bottle before her morning nap and when she wakes from her afternoon nap. She will drink the formula from the sippy cup. She just doesn't drink enough to replace a bottle yet.
Savannah is using a Playtex straw sippy cup because until today, it was the only kind she would drink formula out of. We have a few other kinds that she has been drinking water out of for months but she will not drink her formula out of those. So she is using a straw cup and so far is doing pretty well and getting better/drinking more from it everyday.
Note: Her bottles are warm and her sippy cups are cold.
Teeth: Savannah has not cut any more teeth since last month. I keep thinking that her top teeth will start to come in, but so far, I don't see any signs.
Hair: I really can't classify it as "hair" yet because it's still just fuzz. I think the fuzz MAY be starting to grow so maybe I'll have good news for this section by her first birthday. haha
Words: She has started saying "momma" more often, usually when she is hungry or upset.
Savannah's other Abilities at 11 Months, 2 days:
-Still shakes her head "yes" and "no" when we ask her questions. I think it is super cute!
-I hate to admit this but I just started including book reading in her bedtime routine this week. Up until this week, I was just trying to survive and get myself in the bed at a decent time. I realized after reading posts from when Brantley was this age, I am slacking and behind on what I need to be teaching Savannah. So that being said, we have been reading books after her bottle and she is loving it! She smiles, touches the pages, points to the pictures, and makes all kinds of cute noises! We are loving our new routine! I have reminded myself how important reading to children is so no more excuses, I'm going to read to her every night and much more during the day as well. Brantley LOVES books and I want Savannah to love them also.
-Savannah is pulling up on pretty much everything but when I try to get her to stand on her own she WILL NOT do it! She bends her knees immediately and tries to crawl away. I'm not sure she'll be walking by her first birthday, but that really is okay with me! Once she walks then I really won't ever sit down!
![]() |
| Playing in the kitchen at school. |
-She is cruising the furniture much more confidently now. She has even been using her push walker here at the house and there is one at school she walked behind the other day. She is so proud of herself!
-Has clapped her hands a few times but not on her own yet. I have to show her, then clap her hands together for her and then she will do it on her own once or twice.-This is not an ability but she LOVES to take a bath. When I take her in the bathroom and stand her at the tub she starts to squeal and dancing. It's super cute! She splashes a lot once she is in the tub and usually gets me pretty wet before it's all over and I get her out. It's fun watching her have so much fun!
-Savannah is intrigued by hair. Since she doesn't have any of her own she will pull on Brantley's any chance she gets. She also pulls the hair of the other babies at school. Most of the time I can stop her before she actually pulls it, but she is definitely fascinated and trying to figure out what that stuff is. haha
Savannah's baby dedication is this Sunday. I am so excited! We have chosen a life verse for her and have been praying for her all week very hard. I know the dedication will be super special and I'm greatly looking forward to seeing God move, as we dedicate our baby girl back to him and declare that we will raise her in a Christian home and teach her all about the great love to Jesus Christ. I will at some point, post pictures from Sunday and details about the service.
Another note is that, I have not started planning her birthday party yet! WHAT?! I know, right! It's less than a month away. I actually have decided that it will be June 1st and I've contacted our cake lady, Mrs. Pam. (Come to think of it, I was suppose to call her this week. I'll have to do that tomorrow! Add it to the list!)
The party is going to be at our house, I think, or maybe a park and I can't decide if I want to do a big party or a medium/small party. Brantley's 1st birthday was HUGE/lots of people, so I kinda feel like I should have a big party for Savannah, but then again she won't remember it. She'll only see pictures. Is she really going to care?! Anyways, I have a lot of decisions to make and planning to do over the next few weeks, including first birthday pictures. So much to do, so little time! Oh and I need to study and run my Thirty-One business, right behind taking care of my hubby and the girls. Wow! Life is so busy and crazy right now, but God continues to bless me/us with so much and I am truly grateful for it all and trusting Him to help me make this all work. To God be the glory!
Savannah Claire, you are 11 months old and loving it! You are a little firecracker at times and then a sweet cuddle bug at other times. I love every side of you, inside and out! You are my Doodlebug and I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you, baby girl!! Happy 11 months!!




No comments:
Post a Comment