I can't believe that Savannah is already 6 months old. Oh, how time flies!! She is such a cutie and a joy to be around.
Weight: 13lbs 9.5oz Height: 26 inchesDiapers: Size 2 Clothes: 3-6 months and 6 months
Nursing: I am still nursing Savannah exclusively (except for solids). She loves it and so do I! She stopped taking a bottle over a month ago so leaving her with others has been quite the challenge since then. She has taken 2 bottles in the past 2 weeks but she didn't really like it and didn't finish them. She more drank just enough to satisfy and hold her over until I got back.
Foods: Savannah is eating more and more foods but breakfast is still her only consistent "meal". Her nursing still isn't on a fixed schedule so sometimes a "meal" doesn't fit in before a nap.
Veggies she has tried: sweet peas (likes a lot), sweet potatoes, butternut squash, acorn squash, spinach & pear combo (loved it!), pumpkin (not a fan), and carrots.
Fruits she has tried: avocado, apples, pears, peaches
I'm still making most of her foods but for the things that aren't in season I buy the organic baby foods.
Sleep: Sleep is still a touchy subject around here when it comes to Savannah. She still wakes in the night. Sometimes I let her "cry-it-out" but when her crying last over and hour I usually give in and feed her so we can both get back to sleep. Her morning naps are usually only 45 minutes and then her afternoon nap is 1 1/2 hours or so, sometimes only 45 min. In that case she takes a third nap around 5:00. At her 6 month check up, her pediatrician said she should be able to sleep through the night and that I could drop all feedings at night. Well, that sounds great but when it's 2:00am and she's been crying for close to 2 hours, I just can't let it go on any longer. Ahh! The last 2 nights have been better, because she has only woken once at 1am (I fed her and she went back to sleep). It's so hard for me to drop the feedings and let her cry-it-out because that takes hours usually and nursing her only takes 15 minutes and then we're both back to sleep. You see my dilemma?!
Savannah loves to bounce-bounce-bounce in her Johnny Jump Up and her Jumperoo. She is rolling over both ways with no problems. She is sitting up, unassisted, almost perfectly - she rarely falls over. We've caught her attempting to pull her knees under her a few times but she's is not showing any other signs of crawling so I think it will still be a month or so before she makes it to that milestone. I'm honestly not ready for her to crawl yet anyways. BR crawled at 7 months, but I think Savannah will do it a little after then. I'd prefer her not start until after the Christmas tree is put away. ha!She still shows preference to being with me over anyone else at the moment, which makes it hard for me to leave her. I'm hoping she grows out of this and that it doesn't get worse.
This is what she thought about the sticker on her shirt. hehe Little stinker!
Savannah is such a happy baby and a total joy to be around!
Savannah is 6 months old and I can hardly believe it's already been that long since I delivered her back in May. Our family is now complete! My life has been flipped upside down by adding another kiddo to the mix, and though I complain sometimes, I love it, I love her and I wouldn't change anything!!






We are having the SAME sleep issues! Ahhhh!
ReplyDelete