This morning Chase and I decided to be creative and make a breakfast casserole. We made a trip to Piggly Wiggly for all the groceries and then came back and started creating. This is what we came up with...
Black Friday Breakfast Casserole
2 cups Tator tots
½ pound sausage
1 cup shredded cheese (maybe more, you don't really have to measure) :o)
6 eggs
¼ cup milk
salt & pepper
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cover the bottom of a 2 quart shallow baking dish with the Tator tots. Bake tator tots for 10-15 minutes so you can flatten them on the bottom of the dish. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover with shredded cheese.
While tots are cooking brown sausage. Drain and layer on top of Tator tots. Cover with shredded cheese.
Stir up eggs and milk in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Pour eggs on top of casserole and let it soak through.
Cook 30 minutes covered. Then cook uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes. Eggs should be yellow/fluffy looking and not shiny any more.
I would have taken a picture but my eager/starving husband dug into it before I could get the camera out. Oh well! It was really good and I would recommend it.
It was Yummy!!

YUUUUM!!!
ReplyDelete