Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

Doctor Days

Today I went for my 12 week check up to see Dr. S. It went well and she gave me a good report on myself and Brantley. I haven't gained any weight since my last visit and my blood pressure was good. Once I got in to see her she did the Doppler so we could hear the baby's heart beat. At first she had a bit of trouble finding the right place. She made the comment that Brantley was going to be a "stubburn" baby. She was of course kidding but it was kinda true. Finally after a minute or two of searching she found the baby's heart beat. It was 160bpm today. That is a lot faster than the first time we heard it so now I'm kinda confused. The old wives tale about HR at first said BOY because the baby's HR was 119bpm. But today the HR was 160bpm, so the wives tale says GIRL now. Hmm? What will it be? Unfortunately, we will have to wait until the end of September when I'm 20 weeks to find out the gender. Boy or Girl we don't care, as long as he or she is healthy we'll be happy!
Tomorrow will be a big day as well because I'm having a genetic screening test done at UAB. Please pray with us that everything looks good during the test and that our baby is developing normally with no problems. Thanks in advance for the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...